Nicki Miraje - Hoelbrak's Herald

By Quianmore on March 7th, 2019
Race: Human
Gender: Female
Armor: Light
Color: Brown
Vote Breakdown
3 3
0 0
Must be logged in to vote!

"I dare not think about the home from which my sisters say I was brought from. I shatter the memories as they only cause a mind wrack with this terrible illusion of life that was never truly lived. My Norn brothers and sisters say they can see it in my eyes. I blink and; I'm home, but it's not truly home. The feedback is too heavy and it's like looking at sand through glass. Distorted, but mirror images of the beaches that resided nearby. I shroud my mind in a veil, in hopes of avoiding further cries of frustration, for I know that all that awaits me should I remember too much is the power lock that accompanies it all, rendering me defenseless, almost as if the whole thing is just a diversion, but for what...?"

Nicki hails from Queensdale, though she was abandoned in the cliffs of Lornar's Pass by her mother. She was discovered by Norn brothers at just 3 years old, and was taken back to Hoelbrak to earn the living she deserved. Reports from friends of the family claim Nicki's mother never truly desired a child, and that Nicki's name was a representation of the joke her mother saw her as. The Miraje family was wealthy and had trouble keeping their abandonment a secret. In time, Nicki's parents found themselves behind bars, where they reside to this day. Nicki continues to act as the town herald for Hoelbrak and in return for her services she is offered a roof, warm delectables, and from time to time, she even trains with the other Norn, honing her skills as the Mirage she was destined to be.

OP: Greetings everyone, Quianmore.6038 here and this is my first ever submission to GW2Style. I'm working on rallying more screenshots but for the most part this is my new Mesmer main that I'm super happy with. Thanks for checking it out!


Comments


Roman_Mandracchia
Trendspotter
Welcome, first and foremost! I actually really like what you've got here and showing the dyes/armor/weapons is always appreciated. Screenshots definitely help people rate the look further, but as you said, you're still getting things together, so no biggie. You have a nice mix of armor and I like the dye choices, so not a bad start at all! Excited to see the screenshots. Also, people on the site enjoy a good story in the description. Not a must, but always nice. =)
2019-03-07 15:17

Quianmore
Wanderer
Greetings! Thanks so much for taking time out of your day to contribute a comment that in turn helped me better my post. I appreciate the assistance and I hope you enjoy the rest of your day!
2019-03-07 16:05 in reply to Roman_Mandracchia

Frans
Fashion Collector
Nice of you to write a story. Pair of screens more: with weapons, combat scene or emotes would improve your presentation. And please use the zoom function in the game (on 2 last screens your character looks too small). Otherwise quite a good start, but I'm still waiting for improvement ;)
2019-03-07 20:47

Roman_Mandracchia
Trendspotter
To be fair, and I could be wrong here, but I believe that was the point of those screenshots; To showcase different lightings, positioning, and spell effects for the look of the armor. I can see her character just fine, Though more screens are always nice. Also, nice story. =)
2019-03-08 8:31 in reply to Frans

Nice
Fashion Guru
What a nice contrast to all the dimwits using regular vanilla faces with dark skin ^__^ Gj with the character creation
2019-03-08 10:20

Frans
Fashion Collector
...is this a joke?
On screen no.3 I see black spot, what I can identify as Dry Bones Leggings and maybe that's a mesmer. On screen no.4 the character takes just 5% of the total image area and is crushed by oversized GH decoration (remaining 95% of the image!). I don't see any lighting or armor details (as already mentioned - image no.3 is undetectable). The weapons are also only listed (or can you point to which picture you see Axe and Razah's Nightmare?). Just as little I see here a character from the side or behind...
2019-03-08 12:06 in reply to Roman_Mandracchia

Quianmore
Wanderer
I think Roman was just trying to be supportive on a first time post. As aforementioned, I'm working on getting more screens. Thanks for the support.
2019-03-10 13:03 in reply to Frans

theAlchemist
Stylist
Really love the armor combo and dyes! Great first post, I'm sure it'll only get better with more screenshots as previously suggested :)
2019-03-11 5:02