"I had a friend in the Dream. Her name was Lyri."
"We were inseparable from the moment we budded in our pods. We both had a keen interest in purifying magic; I preferred the honorable ways of a Guardian, while she opted for the primal strength of a Druid. "
"We walked the same path in the Dream. We both saw the white stag that I would later rescue from the Nightmare Court. We both saw Caithe, who told us that our shared calling in Tyria would be to defeat the Elder Dragons Zhaitan and Kralkatorrik."
"And we both saw the Shadow of the Dragon. We’d thought the beast was a creation of the aforementioned Court, especially since it was accompanied by nightmare hounds, but as I learned later, it was in fact a manifestation of Mordremoth, the Elder Dragon of the Jungle."
"The dragon fell... as did Lyri."
"As I stood vigil by her broken body and cropped my leafy bangs short in mourning, I vowed to eliminate every trace of the Elder Dragons from Tyria. And so I awakened and began my arduous task."
"It’s been four years. Two thirds of my Wyld Hunt, to slay Zhaitan, Mordremoth, and Kralkatorrik, is complete. I would prioritize this last dragon to complete my Wyld Hunt, but Primordus has now awakened - and moved. Jormag has done the former as well."
"Which shall it be?"
At long last, it's Eirwen, my Dragonhunter! This look has been a long time in the making; I was using a combo of Carapace, Draconic, and Arborist (t1 cultural) armor, but that got boring, so that's how this look happened.
- Inspiration for the look is Wings of Dwayna. I'd have made the backpiece but it doesn't match the longbow!
- Credits to Lorelilly and Hylek, among others, for inspirational armor combos.
- Pics taken with MasterEffect, except for the cover pic. The shader is called "Oh Shiny."
- Shoutout to former guildie Vaelei (char name: Lyelornys) for posing as Lyri in the sepia "memory" shot! The name similarities are only a coincidence, I swear.
- Eirwen's armor in the memory shot is T1 cultural (Arborist).
- I just ignored Aegis, but I ended up with surprisingly few shots including it.
All but one of these shots were taken on my brother's PC because 1920x1080 is better than 1366x768. Locations include Gilded Hollow, Pyrite Peninsula and Temple of Lyssa (Malchor's Leap), Drakkar Spurs (Frostgorge Sound), Promenade of the Gods (Cursed Shore), Dragon's Stand, and Ember Bay. The memory pic was taken on this craptop in the Grove a while back.